- Heather's personal brand drives the social networking activity
- Their Facebook presence is integrated with other channels including blogs, podcasts, Twitter and main website
- The tone is relaxed, informal and open - it is not a corporate PR stunt
- There is a genuine warmth and passion for the audience
- There is interaction - comments are listened to and replies made, promptly
- Heather sends a regular (almost weekly) newsletter just to her Facebook fans
- The content in fresh, fun and engaging
- There are frequent personal touches that give you a glimpse into the people behind the company - I love that they've named their choc Labradors Toast & Jam!
Saturday, 31 October 2009
Wiggly Wigglers gets social networking
Nielsen Online research shows that blogs and social social networks are more popular than personal email and that the audience is spanning the age groups. Facebook has fast become one of the most influential social networks globally - according to Mark Zuckerberg, if it were a country, it would be the 8th most populated in the world.
So, with such a large audience and fan pages/groups to take advantage of, surely every business can reap the rewards of Facebook presence? Wrong. There are Facebook fan pages going to seed because the owners are passive and expecting their potential audience to do the work for them. That is not social media, that is lazy marketing. Ebuyer is the perfect example - their discussion board has not been updated since 30th Jan 2009 - what is the point?
However, amongst the chaff there are some good people building fun communities whilst adding commercial value via networking.
Wiggly Wigglers is a great example of a brand that understands the culture of social networking and the need to build engagement with its customers. Its social presence is driven by the owner, Heather Gorringe, who adds a personal touch to all communication. This is why I think Heather and the Wiggly team have got the mix between strategy and passion spot on:
And guess what, it's on-brand and incredibly effective and making you want to visit the website and tell your friends about it. I know, I have.
Please share your thoughts on Wiggly Wiggler's social networking presence.